Join us and help shape the world’s largest online hotel search. Apply today and work with the latest technology and with colleagues from over 60 countries.
Do you think you could be our representative for Portugal? The go-to person communicating with a network of journalists, press contacts and influencers?
If you’re a self-motivated and organized communications specialist with a good knowledge of the Portuguese travel market, please join our Content Marketing & Communication (CMC) team today!
What you’ll do:
- Build and maintain relationships with media figures and industry influencers and devise strategic initiatives and projects to promote and establish.
- Act as our CMC team’s first point of contact for hoteliers, bloggers and industry partners as you assemble materials and ideas for future content.
- Collaborate with our Business Intelligence team as you employ your data insights to create valuable data stories that may be used to journalists or used on our blog.
- Write and distribute press releases and present information in a way that will interest media contacts and influencers, making them likely to integrate it into their stories.
- Promote distributed content to increase exposure, document all mentions our content receives and ensure our backlink portfolio is of the highest quality.
- Closely monitor travel industry trends, digital and print media and competitors’ activities across multiple channels in order to identify and create unique content opportunities.
- Provide constant support to our Country Development team, giving local insights about the market, testing.
What you’ll definitely need:
- Native-level English and fluency in English (our company language).
- 1-2 years’ in-house PR or agency experience or in journalism.
- A bachelor’s degree in Communications, PR, Journalism, Literature, Marketing or a related field.
- Impeccable communication, writing and proofreading skills. Please attach to portfolio / examples of your written work along with your application.
- A superhuman amount of self-motivation and independent work style.
- The ability to develop strategic relationships. Networking is key and it is essential that you make your name known in your market.
- An analytical and creative mind that both process data and think outside the box at the same time.
- An eagerness to explore unknown terrain that lies outside the traditional PR approach.
- A thorough understanding and strong cultural knowledge of Portugal.
Life at trivago is …
- The belief that factual proof, not seniority, determines which path to take.
- Self-determined working hours based on measuring productivity through goals rather than number of hours spent in the office.
- Being supported in all your needs, including relocation assistance and language classes for international arrivals.
- The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with regular free workshops, seminars, sports and activities.
- The ability to push your ideas through execution without being held back by bureaucracy.
- Working at our head office in Düsseldorf, a city boasting the 6th highest quality of life in the world for expats.
- To find out more about life with us follow us on Facebook – @lifeattrivago
As soon as possible.
Important additional information:
- Please attach to portfolio / examples of your written work along with your application.
- Please note that your CV and motivation letter must be written in English.
- This is a fixed-term position of 1 year with a long-term perspective.
- We do not require the services of an agency for this position.
- Trivago GmbH is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from individuals with disabilities are welcome.
Apply online: http://bit.ly/2iPawLW
Please note we only process applications via this URL. If clicking the URL in this message does not work, just copy and paste it into the address bar of your browser.